I am working on the implementation of a search on zip-code.

The model:

db.define_table('company',
    SQLField('name', length=54, default='', notnull=True),
    SQLField('kvk_nummer', length=8),
    SQLField('subdossiernummer', length=4, default='0000'),
    SQLField('status', length=1, default='0'),
    migrate=False)

db.define_table('address',
    SQLField('company', db.bedrijf, default='', notnull=True),
    SQLField('street', length=42),
    SQLField('number', length=6),
    SQLField('zip_code_digits', type=integer, length=4),
    SQLField('zip_code_letters', length=2),
    SQLField('city', length=42),
    migrate=False)

db.define_table('zipcoderegions',
    SQLField('region', type=integer, length=2, default='',
notnull=True),
    SQLField('min', type=integer, length=4, default='', notnull=True),
    SQLField('max', type=integer, length=4, default='', notnull=True),
    migrate=False)

Values in the zipcoderegions table are:

73    7300    7399
80    8000    8099
91    9100    9199

In SQL the query reads like:

SELECT company.id, company.name, company.status, address.street,
address.city
FROM company
  INNER JOIN address ON company.id=address.company
WHERE address.zip-code_digits BETWEEN zipcode.min AND zipcode.max
ORDER BY company.status, company.name;

The problem is I have no idea how the build the form in which the user
selects a zip-code region, e.g. 73 then retrieve the min (7300) and
max (7399)  from the zipcoderegions table and insert them in the
query.

I hope one of you can point me in the right direction to get this
working.

Kind regards,

Annet