Thanks Yarko's insight on the topic of db performance domain.

As to me, I brought up the issue only because I want to store sessions
in RAM. In many cases sessions are not needed to be persistent on
disk. Ram means maintenance free here, that way there is no need to
delete old session files anymore. By the way, I personally plan to
develop an desktop app which will be run on a CD, so the disk is not
writable at all. Mmm, still a long way to reach that goal, but ram-
based session will be the first milestone.

So, if only sessions can be put in ram, that is ok for me. If an
entire db can be fit into ram, that is better because session can be
stored in this ram db by session.connect(...,db).