Massimo,

I had to add:

T.force('en-nl')

to db.py to get the strings translated.

This introduced the following error:

File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/web2pyfitwise/applications/
core/controllers/eventlist.py", line 25, in byplace
    todate=IS_DATE()(fromdate)[0]+datetime.timedelta(days=int
(request.vars.dagen))
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'datetime.timedelta' objects

The code in the function reads like:

fromdate=request.vars.datum
todate=IS_DATE()(fromdate)[0]+datetime.timedelta(days=int
(request.vars.dagen))

where, datum refers to the field that has been translated:

SQLField('datum',type='date',requires=[IS_DATE(str(T('%Y-%m-%d'))),
IS_NOT_EMPTY()])

I expected this error to occur:

>> What are the consequences of these two options for these line of code:
>> fromdate=request.vars.datum
> >todate=IS_DATE()(fromdate)[0]+datetime.timedelta(days=int
>> (request.vars.dagen))
>> Here todate should be calculated as: fromdate + days = todate
>> It worked when I used the YYYY-MM-DD format, however, now that I
>> changed the format to DD-MM-YYYY I expect it to break.

>It will not break. The date as stored by the system is always
>independent by the way you choose to represent it when printed.

I hope you can provide me with a solution to solve this problem.

Annet.