Hi all,
I'm implementing api for my application. I've written other controller
functions. However I need implement the authentication. I am not able
to find a way to use the default Auth(). I thought of the below
option:

at client (i.e: calling applications)
- encode userid & password
- pass it as part of http basic auth header
- if authenticated proceed further

at server (ie my application)
- read uid & pwd from headers
- authenticate with the user table
- if authenticated, let the application to proceed

does this look okay approach? Is there a better way?

Considering that this is okay, I've figured out how to do all the
steps except reading http headers (step 1 at server). Can someone
throw some light?

Thank you,
Joseph