On 2 October 2012 04:32, Massimo Di Pierro <massimo.dipie...@gmail.com>wrote:

> This is a big change in the source and the internal logic is complex.
> It may have some unforeseen side effects.
> PLEASE TEST THAT TRUNK DOES NOT BREAK YOUR CODE before this makes it into
> stable.

I am using postgresql as backend.

On an existing app with no changes to the database or db-related code I did
not experience problems.

Then I tried to connect to a database with existing tables using
'migrate=False,fake_migrate=True'  and had problems with web2py hanging.
I had to kill the process with kill -9.

I then deleted and recreated an empty database in postgresql. I forgot to
take out the above-mentioned migrate-code which created a ticket.  After I
corrected the code, web2py hung again and had to be force-killed.

I then reverted to -r4202 and everything worked as expected.

Regards
Johann
--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)