The autocomplete box takes too long to disappear when it is no longer in
focus. I found the setting for this, it is in gluon/sqlhtml.py :

[inside __call__ for autocomplete, line 597 for web2py 1.99]

attr['_onblur']="jQuery('#%(div_id)s').delay(3000).fadeOut('slow');" % \
                dict(div_id=div_id,u='F'+self.keyword)

Obviously I could just change the setting here and that would work but that
would require maintenance whenever I upgrade web2py later.

In my model, I have this line:

db.t_port_to_jack.jack_id_string.widget = SQLFORM.widgets.autocomplete(
        request, db.jack_listings.jack_and_bldg, id_field =
db.jack_listings.id,limitby = (0,10), min_length=1)

What is the recommended way to modify this setting without making changes
to sqlhtml.py directly? I've been trying to edit the class attr setting
when creating the db.t_port_to_jack.jack_id_string.widget instance but I'm
not very adept with Python classes so I didn't get very far.

Thanks in advance!
Mike