Hi all,
I have a function as below. This is called as part of API function
rather than from the browser.

def assign():
    print request.vars.fields
    if request.vars.fields:
        case_values=json.loads(request.vars.fields)
        ret_dict=api.assign_case(db,case_values)
    else:
        ret_dict={'id': 1, 'msg': 'No parameters received'}
    return json.dumps(ret_dict)

When I invoke this via,
curl -u u...@example.com:web2py http://localhost:8000/init/api/assign/
-d fields='{"id":16,"assign_to":"age...@example.com"}'

I do get request.vars.fields properly and the function executes as
desired. However when I try the same via a python script like the
below:

data = {
                'fields': {'case_id': 16, 'assign_to': 'age...@example.com'}
                }

data = urllib.urlencode(data)
response = urllib2.urlopen(request,data).read()

There is no input parameter (fields). When I examine the
request.vars.fields, it shows like the below:

<Storage {'\r\nfields': "{'case_id': 16, 'assign_to':
'age...@example.com'%"}>

There are \r\n at the begining and % at the end. Is there a reason for
this? How can I test my function using python script (ie achieve the
same result as curl).

Hope my question is not too confusing.

Thank you,
Joseph