Dear all,
I've just switched from sqlite to postgres, and now I have problems with
few queries.
One query that works correctly on sqlite and fails on postgres is the
following:
    s=db.club.created_on.year() | db.club.created_on.month() |
db.club.created_on.day()
    count = db.club.id.count()
    dates =
db(query).select(db.club.created_on,count,orderby=~db.club.created_on,
limitby=limitby, groupby=s)

Now on postgres, it raises the following error:
ProgrammingError: column "club.created_on" must appear in the GROUP BY
clause or be used in an aggregate function
LINE 1: SELECT  club.created_on, COUNT(club.id) FROM club WHERE (((c...

I read online that the fields in the select must be on the groupby as well.
The problem is that by grouping even by club.created_on (by adding
groupby=s | club.created_on)  the result is totally different. What can I
do to tackle this problem?

Best,
Paolo