Hello everyone,

Thanks to Allen, Villas, of course Massimo among a few others I have web2py
auth.wiki with Oracle storing the media blobs and all the pages.  I believe
I can use the wiki features in a structure way to improv productivity and
cross department functionality in my workplace.

Now what in the heck to do with it?

The app wizard created a bunch of controllers like
@auth.requires_login()
def part_manage():
    form = SQLFORM.smartgrid(db.part)
    return locals()

but if I add
@{component:default/part_manage}
to my markmin I get a page with my SQLFORM.smartgrid inside a page so I get
two footers and two headers. Not to mention the add and edit pages should
really be a wiki page with my table attributes added.

Looks like auth-wiki is for creating web pages but what caught my attention
was the media and tagging capability built in so I don't have to write my
own app to do what's already there. However, I have a bunch of tables
(parts, sub parts, orders, samples, testing, analyses for tested samples,
etc...) defined for my application and  basically 75% of the items have
attachments, images, files, user references and tags too.

Unless someone says different I guess I should be adding a wiki_page column
to all of my tables? Then create separate edit/show/create controllers that
generate the proper..."slug"...and return a wiki page? That shouldn't break
my relationships I don't think.

Just kind of wondering if there's already a know technique for my
application that you know of?

Regards,
Bill