We can do this:

warn { background-color: yellow; color: black; padding: 5px; }
.info { background-color: green; color: white; padding: 5px; }
.error { background-color: red; color: white; padding: 5px; }
 .flash { margin: 0 auto; text-align: center; clear: both; border: 1px
#000000; background-color: #FF5C1F; color: white; margin-top: 0.0em;
margin-bottom: 1.0em; padding-top: 1.0em; padding-bottom: 1.0em;
cursor: pointer; }

def index():
    response.flash=DIV("Hello World",_class='info')
    return dict()

But it looks ugly. Mind that it has to work decently even if one does

def index():
    response.flash="Hello World"
    return dict()

Any advice?