On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 11:31 AM, mdipierro <mdipie...@cs.depaul.edu> wrote:

> Some people have volunteered to help. Here are some tasks that need to
> be completed.
>
> 1) applications/admin/controller/default.py can now do:
>    - unpack app
>    - pack app
>    - delete app
>    - cleanup session/errors/cache
>    - update languages
>    - check for latest version
> It would be nice to create an API for this in gluon/admin.py and have
> the admin app to just call the API. This will make it easier to
> develop alternative admin interfaces.
>
> 2) modify the admin/site page so that it shows a sidebar with all
> recent tweets from web2py. This could be a quick mechanism to notify
> users about changes. Or should we generate our own RSS feed?

I'm experiencing problems using web2py admin because it tries to check
new versions and it is too slow to 'know' that I'm offline. So, I add
in this todo list:

3) Create a AJAX feature to check for new versions that doesn't let
web2py be slow when not connected to the Internet OR do not verify new
versions automatically - only show a link to verify manually.

--
 Álvaro Justen
 Peta5 - Telecomunicações e Software Livre