This is working for me. I have a similar requirement. Select a text file to
be processed and pass it to a separate routine to process the file:

 form = SQLFORM.factory(
 Field('brillXf1', 'upload',
 uploadfolder=os.path.join(request.folder,'uploads'),
 label='Brill XF1 File'))

 if form.process().accepted:
 fileName = form.vars.brillXf1
 print fileName
 from reports import brillToDalex as btd
 btd.process('%s/%s' % (os.path.join(request.folder,'uploads'), fileName), 1
)
 redirect(URL('nutrientConversion'))
 response.flash('File has been uploaded and email will be sent with results'
)

The form field only returns the file name.  You have to specify the path to
it if you are going to use it later as seen in this statement:

btd.process('%s/%s' % (os.path.join(request.folder,'uploads'), fileName), 1)

-Jim

On Thursday, November 1, 2012 3:33:50 AM UTC-5, praveen krishna wrote:

> Nol there is no such requirement.Actually I am able to upload and read a
> text file by zipping it but for my task I have upload a text file .
>
> On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 7:24 AM, Johann Spies <johann...@gmail.com<javascript:>
> > wrote:
>
>> On 31 October 2012 17:45, praveen krishna <praveenc...@gmail.com<javascript:>
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>    For my task I have to upload a text file in form with out zipping it
>>> ,I have prepared the form as:
>>> form = FORM(TABLE(TR(TD('Upload File:', INPUT(_type='file',
>>> name='myfile', id='myfile',