Lamps

Wish I could be more help with your questions.  Here is my take.

1.  If you are thinking about having a large list, I would try to avoid
that.  Maybe your DISTINCT keyword will keep the list small.  My thoughts
are that a long list (25 entries or more) is not very user friendly and if
I had that situation, I'd just use the search box and filter on the fields
base on the text entered.

2.  I don't see how you'd be able to do this very easily.  Can probably be
done, but you'd have to get into /gluon/sqlhtml.py and make some changes
there to implement.

3.  I think you could probably do this.  If it were me doing it I'd look
into the suggest_widget plugin available from
http://dev.s-cubism.com/plugin_suggest_widget.

Best of luck!  Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

-Jim