Hi, another question:

I have an application "app" with its own database and a scheduler. Let's
say it sends emails. Users have different rights.

Now I want to have a second application "play" with should allow to do all
things like "app". The user can try the controllers and functions. But it
does not send any email, it simulates sending. "play" is to used for
training only.

My idea: "play" is a copy of "app" with some modifications for the
simulation. Once a day the database is copied from "app" to "play" (to
provide nearly actual data for training). The scheduler entry have to be
modified: "app" sends some emails once a day, but in the training field
this should be simulated once a minute.

I have not tried it, but I think it would work.

My question: is it possible to use the same code for both functions and to
use only two databases, something like

    if training:
        db = DAL('sqlite://training.sqlite')
    else:
        db = DAL('sqlite://realdata.sqlite')

Would it work?
Onc a day I want to copy realdata.sqlite => training.sqlite. What would be
the best way?

Any ideas?
Regards, Martin