Hi Niphlod --

Yep, that jQuery plug-in definitely seems to have the capability I
mentioned.  It seems rather a heavyweight component, however, for my use.
my tables are fairly small and I do not need the extensive capabilities of
Datatables other than this form drop-down idea.  I think I'll play around
with the way they implement it and see if I can get it working with a
conventional table and a web2py SQLForm.