uhm, somewhere there is probably a form =
SQLFORM.smartgrid(db.yourtable,onupdate=auth.archive).

PS: removing a table from the models has the only effect to never be able
to access the table on the db by DAL: to delete the table you should delete
it right on the database (not from the web2py interface.)