This should be useful for the web2py-conference:

For PyCon Argentina 2012  videos I made a tentative site to do the
"post-production" in a colaborative way, mixing video, sllides
(images), subtitles and footnotes, adding more "interactivity".
Example at:

http://ar.pycon.org/video2py

IMPORTANT: it is just a proof-of -concept, videos nor slides nor
subtitles match, they are just synchronized to show the capabilities
(it can also be further extended to include google maps, wikipedia
pages, facebook or twitter interaction, etc.).
You can see an screenshot here:
http://ar.pycon.org/video2py/static/images/screenshot.png

The app is very simple, and basically it uses the Mozilla Popcorn.js
library to handle HTML5 video:

http://popcornjs.org/

You can see the source code at:

https://code.google.com/p/video2py/

I've coded the models and CRUD for videos, slides, subtitules, but it
still misses:

 - a simple method for sync slides
 - a simple method to write down and sync subtitles

Mi idea is make it interactive: at the same time that the video is
playing, the user can choose the slide or write the subtitle..
It can use Popcorn.currentTime() to get initial and final times, and
than make a ajax call to save that data.

http://popcornjs.org/popcorn-docs/media-methods/#currentTime
http://popcornjs.org/popcorn-docs/events/

For example, we can show the slides with a "next" button, when
pressed, it stores the slide timing so then we can do the slideshow
automátically.

For the subtitles, it is a little bit more complicated, because we
should detect the last pause (initial time), enable a textbox, and
save it when play button is presed again. (they may not synchonize
exactly with the voice in a first attemp, but I think it is a good
aproximation)
You can take a look something similar at:
http://www.universalsubtitles.org/
(BTW, I prefer a web2py app, but popcorn.js also suports .SRT playback)

I think this app could be important to enhance collaboration and
translation of videos, and is a good help for smaller conferences that
don't have resources (money nor collaborators, like PyCon Argentina
2012) to do the final edition process.

What do you think?

(sorry if this has been proposed before, I didn't have time to read
all the mails)

Best regards,

Mariano Reingart
http://www.sistemasagiles.com.ar