Could somebody address this issue please?  Mine is also doing the same
thing.
here's how my config looks:
-----------------------
from gluon.tools import Auth, Crud, Service, PluginManager, prettydate
auth = Auth(db)
from gluon.contrib.login_methods.rpx_account import RPXAccount
auth.settings.actions_disabled=['register','change_password','request_reset_password']
auth.settings.login_form = RPXAccount(request,
                                      api_key='...',
                                      domain='...',
                                      url =
"http://localhost:8080/%s/default/user/login"; % request.application)

crud, service, plugins = Crud(db), Service(), PluginManager()
auth.define_tables(username=False, signature=False)

from gluon.contrib.login_methods.rpx_account import use_janrain
use_janrain(auth, filename='private/janrain.key')

The janrain private file :
helloworldApp:alsdkjfasldkjfa;sldkfjasdfads
------