I have data in an old cobol legacy system using ISAM files two of the files
are customer and sales_history.  There is a relationship between these two
files based on customer_id which is auto incremented in the legacy system
by add 1 to the last customer_id used.  I already have a python program
that converts this data into both a MySql database and a Sqlite database
retaining the customer_id.  My question is if I where to create an empty
database using web2py changing the customer_id field name to ID and then
change my python conversion files to connect the this database and import
the data including customer_id to ID into the web2py defined empty
databases would I encounter any problems using web2py with the data.  The
web2py application would not do any maintenance of the customer or history
data but would only be used for queries and reporting.  This way I could
maintain my referential integrate both within the web2py system and back
into the old legacy system.

Or am I missing something?