I suppose Oli would like to use sqlrelay native driver, not the posgresql
or mysql emulation.
In that case it would act just as another DBAPI adapter and by supporting
it into the DAL it would make a number of DBs available just with one
driver.  It is similar to ODBC in many aspects, and much better I suspect

mic