I would add also that error shouldn't interfere with the comment span of
the control, but I discovered a bug: in web2py_bootstrap.css lines #72 and
73 should be:

div.controls .help-inline{color:#3A87AD;}
div.controls .error_wrapper  + .help-inline {margin-left:-99999px;}

In this way when an error is displayed the control's comment (that has a
light blue color) disappears.
I'm submitting a patch to the web2py issue tracker.