I have database tables defined in models/db.py. I have a
controller-specific model defined in a models/client subdirectory. Ver
2.3.2 loads the models in a different order from ver 2.2.1.

Ver 2.2.1
models/0.py
models/db.py
models/clients/edit/db.py

Ver 2.3.2
models/0.py
models/clients/edit/db.py
models/db.py

The models/clients/edit/db.py depends on variables defined in modes/db.py
so I get errors with Ver 2.3.2

The sort=False argument was removed from the listdir call in this line of
gluon/compileapp.py def run_models_in()

models = listdir(path, '^\w+\.py$', 0, sort=False) # Ver 2.2.1
models = listdir(path, '^\w+\.py$', 0)       # Ver 2.3.2

If I restore that, it works again.

The issue was discussed here:
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/web2py/ZfI7K9jW45w/discussion

In Ver 2.2.1, files in the models directory are first loaded in
alphabetically order. Then each subfolder is handled in order, model files
in subfolders are loaded in alphabetical order. In Ver 2.3.2, all models
are sorted by path name and then loaded in that order.

I can rename subfolders so they are loaded properly but before I change
anything I'd like to make sure the effects of dropping sort=False were
intended.