I tried using session.connect(cookie_key='key', compression_level=9)
instead of session.connect(request, response, db=db), and got the error as
bellow, plus some inconsistent unexpected behavior. When I rolled back to
db sessions all works fine as expected. It's an e-commerce app, usingsessions
bit heavier.

Are there known limitations for using cookie sessions? Also, if I can use
memcache with mysql, how do I define a client? Tried mc =
memcache.Client(['127.0.0.1:11211'], debug=0), with no success...

Thanks,
Adnan

web2py: Version 2.3.2 (2012-12-17 15:03:30) stable

OK

to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of
the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.

Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at w2p.demo.com Port 80