Actually, it is not MY fear of Javascript -- it is my potential user who is
afraid of it.  Numerous "experts" such as http://www.cert.org recommend
everybody turn OFF all scripting support, including Javascript, because of
the potential of cross-site scripting.

Any good web2py'er knows that XSS is defeated by the design of web2py, but
if the user has Javascript turned off because of the fear of it -- and my
site depends on it -- we have a problem.  I just have no feel for how
prevalent this fear is, and what percentage of users has it turned off.

My site is aimed at swimmers who participate in competitions.  They will
use the site to sign up and pay the entry fees by CC, so some degree of
trust is needed on the user's part.  The sites income will be derived from
the entry fees, so I want everyone to use it.

But if I design the site with no Javascript at all, I wind up with a pretty
boring and hard-to-use result.  Instead of easy point, click, drag, drop
operations I get lots of form-filling and switching between pages.  It's
ugly.

I guess I am mostly curious about how others deal with this conundrum and
if it is a big impact to depend on Javascript.

-- Joe B.