Gustavo,

Make sure that you're accessing it via https, I've noticed that if I click
on the admin button from the main page accessed via http, it uses whatever
transport protocol that was specified to get there.

If you're already doing this I'd take a look at the web2py logs in
$OPENSHIFT_PYTHON_LOG_DIR. A while back I had submitted a bug for how their
proxy didn't set wsgi params when it passed the request to the gear. That's
been the only time I've run into an issue like that.

Also make sure your options_std.py is linked to options.py

If you come across any more info, I'd be happy to take a look.

Andrew