I've posted the question on StackOverFlow too, but I thought this would be
the correct place :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14150481/web2py-premature-end-of-script-headers-wsgihandler-py-apache-eating-cpu-9

Here is the flow :
1.) User visits the default/index.html
2.) Accessing this index.html isn't a problem either
3.) When the data is shown on iphone in ListView and I click on an item,
that is when suddenly the cpu spikes.
When I click on an item, the controller function called "getLinkPages" is
called. I've removed all code from this function which accesses the
database, it simply returns hardcoded strings.

Some more info. in case it helps :
*OS* : Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
*Memory* : 512 MB RAM
*Web2py version* : Version 1.99.7 (2012-03-04 22:12:08) stable
*psycopg2* version : 2.4.5

Here is the error shown in apache's error.log :
"Premature end of script headers: wsgihandler.py referrer
http://sitename.com";

Here is what I have in my file inside sites-available :

<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName xxxxxxxxxxx.xx
  ServerAlias www.xxxxxxxxxxx.in
  WSGIDaemonProcess web2py user=www-data group=www-data
display-name=%{GROUP} processes=5 threads=1
  WSGIProcessGroup web2py
  WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
  WSGIScriptAlias / /opt/xxxxxxxxxxx/webcontent/web2py/wsgihandler.py
  <Directory /opt/xxxxxxxxxxx/webcontent/web2py>
    AllowOverride None
    Order Allow,Deny
    Deny from all
    <Files wsgihandler.py>
      Allow from all
    </Files>
  </Directory>
  AliasMatch ^/([^/]+)/static/(.*)
 /opt/xxxxxxxxxxx/webcontent/web2py/applications/$1/static/$2
  <Directory /opt/xxxxxxxxxxx/webcontent/web2py/applications/*/static/>
    Order Allow,Deny
    Allow from all
  </Directory>
  <Location /admin>
  Deny from all
  </Location>
  <LocationMatch ^/([^/]+)/appadmin>
  Deny from all
  </LocationMatch>
  CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log common
  ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *:443>
  ServerName xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
  ServerAlias www.xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
  SSLEngine on
  SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/self_signed.cert
  SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl/self_signed.key
  WSGIProcessGroup web2py

  CustomLog /var/log/apache2/https-access.log common
  ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/https-error.log
</VirtualHost>

I thought making "*processes=5 threads=1*" might at least alleviate the
issue, since currently only I'm accessing it.
Neither has --> *WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}*

   - Am I doing something incorrect here while using JQuery mobile ?
   - Any other logs I can enable to dig deeper ?