El martes, 8 de enero de 2013 01:25:02 UTC-3, howesc escribió:

> shouldn't non-list data types not accept list input?  this sounds like an
> un-expected side effect to me.

I don't know, does web2py restrict input strictly by default in other cases
(raising exceptions, etc)? The behavior should be consistent. For example,
on insert/update, DAL tries to adapt values casting different types for
compatibility.

Since bar encoded data is used only for list:<type> I think it is safe to
change the way it handles other field type input, raising exceptions or
casting to a conventional field default type.