My set up is nginx, uwsgi, web2py, and I am trying unsucessfully to
configure so that there are multiple uwsgi processes serving web2py.

I used the script to install nginx, uwsgi.  I configured 8 processes.

$cat /etc/uwsgi/apps-enabled/web2py.xml
<uwsgi>
    <plugin>python</plugin>
    <socket>/run/uwsgi/app/web2py/web2py.socket</socket>
    <pythonpath>/home/www-data/web2py/</pythonpath>
    <app mountpoint="/">
        <script>wsgihandler</script>
    </app>
    <master/>
    <processes>8</processes>
    <harakiri>60</harakiri>
    <reload-mercy>8</reload-mercy>
    <cpu-affinity>1</cpu-affinity>
    <stats>/tmp/stats.socket</stats>
    <max-requests>2000</max-requests>
    <limit-as>512</limit-as>
    <reload-on-as>256</reload-on-as>
    <reload-on-rss>192</reload-on-rss>
    <no-orphans/>
    <vacuum/>
</uwsgi>

But "top" says that only 3 uwsgi processes running.

Also, it isn't working properly.   The way I expect this to work is that a
request comes in after a slow still-running request still gets served. But
this isn't the case.  It was like there was only one web2py process:
other requests have to wait for the long-running request to finish.

I think there is a problem with the web2py and uwsgi set up.