Hi, I get back to this thread again as I recently got a notification from
the feature request on Sourceforge.I had it nearly forgotten, but I think
it is still interesting and it looks like the author of Pydev is thinking
about including the web2py support.

You can see my original proposal and the Pydev author comments here on
Sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=577332&aid=3294887&group_id=85796

I do not know if the same approach applies after the changes commented by
Bruno, but I think it would be worth to try.

Greets.