FYI:

Regarding my last two questions: the expiration is set in auth.settings,
but since I was using the session in memcache and the default_time_expire
in memche is 300 seconds, what I think is happening is that the session in
memcache is expiring, even though the session in auth.settings is not.

That means no data can be recovered from memcache for the session, and thus
the session expires.

I see several problems here:

   - the memcache session does not get updated, even though I am doing
   accesses (in this case @service.jsonrpc accesses). I mean, this key should
   be refreshed in memcache since I am accessing it (its ttl must be reset).
   Just reading the session is not enough: it must be updated too, otherwise
   it will expire!
   - auth.settings.expiration is not useful if the memcache time_expire is
   smaller
   - session.auth.last_visit does not get updated in @service.jsonrpc
   accesses

Or maybe I am misunderstanding the expiration concept: it could be that
only login actions are supposed to refresh the session.

But this looks a bit strange to me: as long as the client is sending
requests, the session should remain active! Whenever an *inactivity*
(meaning, no requests at all) period longer than auth.settings.expiration
has passed, the session should expire. Is this how things should work with
the current implementation?