On 21 January 2013 04:46, animnook <animn...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have a web app on server and I use web2py web interface to update the
> project file.
> But the users wants to add data in db while I am still working on other
> part of the app.
> as right now I just copy and paste everything in controller file local to
> server.
> and upload whatever new pages I create.
>
> Is there a easy way to update everything and not change the data inside
> the database??

Uploading a new controller or views will in itself not change anything in
the database.  It is the use of the controller functions that may do that.

Changes to model files (table definitions) will change the database when
you upload them into the server.

Regards
Johann
--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)