Do you mean an additional file in the models directory?

I have just seen http://www.djangosnippets.org/

If we were to collect such snippets on the web, we could easily create
a automatic addon repository:
1) user has a snippet and enters this in the wiki or a dedicated
webapp
2) a background script takes the snippets and assembles these in a
application and sends it into a LP or bibucket repository.
3) users can check out all collected snippets from the repository.

Just I rough idea...

I think some PHP CMS have a auto-download functionality for addons.