I am ok with almost all of this but:

I would not have 4 dates. 2 would be ok. 3 a stretch. The reason is that we
want people from other location to be online at the same time so we can
have some events shared via chat or videoconferences. For example if you
and I want to do a Q&A over IRC we need to be available. I cannot be
available for 4 consecutive days/all day.

Funding. If people attend in a physical location than you may collect
funds. Yet people should be able to regster, submit talks and participate
to online events for free. I think the point is not just to have a web2py
event but to show we can have a distributed conference. The fact that we
will have local meetups is a bonus not a requirement.