Thanks Bruno for your answer:

> You should not do this on a "request" time.
>
> It needs to be done on background process.
>
> You can check the web2py book example on email chapter, the scheduler or
> redis[3]
>

> [3] http://rochacbruno.com.br/web2py-and-redis-queue/

Maybe I can use the redis library. I have to check if my hosting provider
can install it.

But I'm confused about using a background task. Really I need is to get
feedback about the status of every sending mail and when these were finally
sending even if the user change of web page (controller).

Regards. Thanks, your help is greatly appreciated.