> Yes. That is what I meant. I even chased down the call in the code to see
> where you got it.

Tried this in a console and it works, I could not reproduce the error.

# myfile is an open file object
file_id=db.mytable.insert(myupload=db.mytable.myupload.store(myfile,
        filename="myfilename.txt", path="/home/spametki/"),
    myuploadfield=myfile.read())

Make sure the filename passed to store is an str object (not unicode)
because otherwise it may raise a RuntimeError. If the error persists, it
may be a bug.