I've changed the user password for my Postgresql database. When I make the
update to the DAL connection string, I then get the following error:

postgresql error ... <class 'psycopg2.ProgrammingError'>(relation
"auth_user" already exists)

when going to the site. Notes:

   - I've made no other changes to the database or model files
   - I know the password is correct, because when I deliberately use the
   wrong password I get a different message (about not being able to connect
   to the database).
   - When I revert to the old password (in both the connection string and
   the database), everything starts working again.

Anyone know (a) what is causing this, and (b) how I can get around it?

Neil