I'm in... but I do agree that 'Yet Another Blog' example is a bit tired.
Yes, its considered almost standard to do a blog or wiki as an example, and
perhaps serves a purpose as a point of comparison between competing
products/projects.  Personally, since the existing web2py docs do cover a
basic blog/wiki, I'd rather see them start with a contacts database, and
'grow' it into a library database, complete with all the tagging, rating,
reviews, etc. that one might want.