Hi,

On 06/02/13 20:45, howesc wrote:
if you want all requests in SSL it sounds like the best thing to me.

Yes, it's working very well from my PoV - but my needs are very simple in that I want to force SSL for everything. I'm used to doing this in Apache, so haven't previously had to think about it enforcing it within the app.

There was a browser-specific issue where e.g. Firefox worked immediately, but Chrome blocked the jQuery scripts from Google's CDN on the basis that they were insecure. Changing the link to the scripts to https sorted that.

note that on GAE if you want to use SSL and a custom domain you have to
purchase additional add-ons to the GAE service.  https on the
appspot.com domain is free.

Understood - I'm happy withe the appspot.com URL, FWIW.

--

Regards,

PhilK

'a bell is a cup...until it is struck'