On Tuesday, 12 February 2013 11:06:00 UTC+5:30, newbie wrote:

> Hi,
>     I have a table x, with fields name,place,timezone_offset.And another
> table y ,having  field 'servertime',which stores the current time of the
> server its fetching the values from.
>
>  db.define_table('x',Field('name'),Field('place'),Field('timezone_offset'
> ))
> db.define_table('y',Field('name'),Field('servertime'))

User will set the timezone offset in table x, for a particular name. There
is one thread continuously running in background in the server which will
save the servertime as local time using datetime.datetime.now() in table y
for the name.

And finally this data displayed by using SQLFORM.grid on the UI.

Problem facing:
We have to convert the local time saved for the name field as per saved
timezone_offset in x table and display on the grid without modifying
anything on database level.
It means suppose for name ='Alex'  timezone_offset was being saved as -5 in
x table and suppose server running on different timezone lets say on +5.30
so for name Alex server will save the servertime in +5.30 format as it is
the local time for the server but when it will be displayed on the
grid servertime should first get converted to Alex timezone_offset which is
set as -5 and then display on the grid.

Can anyone please suggest me how can I achieved in web2py? Is there any way
to achieve it using SQLFORM.grid()?

Thanks.