Hi Jim,
So I created a default new app and put in the following code,

in model I have:

db.define_table('Config_Table',
    Field('myid'),
    Field('Part_Number'),
    Field('MAC_WAN'),
    Field('MAC_LAN'),
    Field('RF_Connector'),
    Field('Config'))

in controller I have:
@auth.requires_login()
def Config():
    form=SQLFORM.smartgrid(db.Config_Table,
                           searchable='False',
                           deletable='False',
                           editable='True',
                           create='False',
                           buttons_placement='left')

    return dict(form=form)

when I tried it in view, the "add", "delete" buttons were still showing up.
My web2py version is 2.3.2