don't know how to reply "properly" .... the scheduler in "stable" has some
column names that are incompatible with check_reserved=['all'].
If you have a db connection with check_reserved=['all'] there's no way to
have a working scheduler in your app.
The solution is either rely on the stable scheduler and leave out the
check_reserved parameter or use the scheduler from trunk.

Table migrations are handled like everything else in web2py, so there's no
change in that behaviour regarding the update.