if you have that file saved as modules\validator.py you mispelled the
imports

from validator*s* import hi
vs
from validator import hi

The latter is perfectly fine.

PS: if you use the "shortcut" instead of the longer
applications.appname.modules.filename "pattern" be careful on which name
you use: try to prefix your module with the app name, so there will no
problem in conflicting imports (maybe with poorly packaged external
libraries), e.g. save file as niphlod_validation.py under modules and use

from niphlod_validation import hi