As I understand it, the GAE datastore will automatically create an index
for every field of every table (to facilitate queries using single fields);
those requiring multiple fields also get generated, but will get added to
index.yaml by the SDK when tested locally.  Since these are created outside
of the DAL, I wouldn't expect to be able to remove them using it.  I also
understand that there is a way, with the GAE SDK, to disable the index for
any given field (by a parameter in the field definition); is there any way
to accomplish this through the DAL, and if so, what is it?