Quick background, I'm still very new to web2py and learning so be prepared
for newbie questions from me!

When working locally I've been using the admin interface to manage my
tables.  If I deploy a site, I no longer have access to this. (or maybe i
do but I'm doing something wrong with gae).  To get around this, I'm trying
to make my own admin pages that are only visible to users that are members
of a group I've just been calling 'admins.'  I don't want everyone who
signs up to be able to see and edit all my tables.  I want to not have to
depend on the built in admin interface to manage my database.  (or maybe I
DO want to be relying on this and I've just been doing things wrong?)

I have most of this working locally so far, but when I deploy I have no way
of making an initial user that is a member of this admin group.  Also, the
actual admin group doesn't exist either since I used the admin interface to
create it on my local copy.  Is there a common way people set up an initial
user to be an administrator, or am I going about this problem all wrong?
Do people typically bother making admin sections on their deployed sites,
or is there a better way I'm not seeing?

Thanks!