How can I add margin both side of the page?

I attached my screen shot. jquery mobile should give me the margin on left
and right side so text, buttons fit nicely but there is no space when you
use the plugin so the text doesn't look good.

I use web2py 2.3.2 and downloaded the latest jquery mobile plugin.
The screen shows blank and doesn't work so I replaced  the code
in views/plugin_jqmobile/layout.html.

<link rel="stylesheet"
href="http://code.jquery.com/mobile/1.0a4.1/jquery.mobile-1.0a4.1.min.css";
/>
    <script
src="http://code.jquery.com/mobile/1.0a4.1/jquery.mobile-1.0a4.1.min.js";></script>

to this.

<link rel="stylesheet"
href="http://code.jquery.com/mobile/1.2.0/jquery.mobile-1.2.0.min.css"; />
    <script
src="http://code.jquery.com/mobile/1.2.0/jquery.mobile-1.2.0.min.js";></script>

I tried the previous css just in case but the same result.