> In this case, you have a form on the page for entering quantity, but your
> callback link doesn't do anything to extract the entered quantity and
> submit it back to the server, so request.vars.quantity and
> form.vars.quantity are always empty. Look into using the ajax() function.

> i think i've already put the request.vars.quantity in order_callback and
> submit back to server via return value. please correct me if i'm wrong.

request.vars.quantity is created on the server when you submit a POST or
GET request with a "quantity" variable. At no point are you submitting a
request with a "quantity" variable, so request.vars.quantity is always
None. The user enters the quantity in the browser -- you need to do
something (via Javascript) to capture the entered quantity and submit it
via Ajax. You are not doing that. See Philip's responses for easier
alternatives.

Anthony