I wanted to learn more about the jqmobile plugin, but I always get a white
(or on the simulated mobile device a black) screen.
I am using web2py 2.4.2 on Ubuntu server.

Maybe somebody likes to try it? These are my steps...

1. Cretae a new application  jqmobiletest
2. Try https://mysever/admin/plugin_jqmobile/about  -> it's ok and it looks
nice
3. Download plugin from
http://web2py.com/plugins/static/web2py.plugin.jqmobile.w2p
4. Install this plugin
5. Try https://myserver/jqmobiletest/plugin_jqmobile/about  -> same picture
of a mobile device as in step 2, but with a black screen of the mobile
device
6. Try https://myserver/jqmobiletest/plugin_jqmobile/index  -> a white
screen
7. Source code of this page - it starts with:

<!DOCTYPE html><html lang="en-us" class="no-js"><!-- no-js need it for
modernzr -->  <head>    <meta charset="utf-8" />            <!--
www.phpied.com/conditional-comments-block-downloads/ -->    <!--[if
IE]><![endif]-->        <!-- Always force latest IE rendering engine
   (even in intranet) & Chrome Frame      Remove this if you use the
.htaccess -->    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible"
content="IE=edge,chrome=1">        <title>Jqmobiletest</title>

    Seems to be ok...
8. Changed line 1 of index.html from
{{extend 'plugin_jqmobile/layout.html'}} to
{{extend 'layout.html'}}
9. A page with dog and cat and mouse appears
10. There are some hints about an outdated version of jquery mobile at
http://web2py.com/plugins/static/web2py.plugin.jqmobile.w2p (is it very
difficult to make an update of this page?)
I found a new version (1.3) of jqery mobile at http://jquerymobile.com/
Download http://code.jquery.com/mobile/1.3.0/jquery.mobile-1.3.0.js, rename
it as jquery.mobile.js and put it into
...applications/jqmobiletest/static/plugin_jqmobile/js
11. Back to {{extend 'plugin_jqmobile/layout.html'}}
12. Repeat step 5 and 6 -> same result
13. Check this page using a mobile device -> result is a white page!
14. Try it with another browser...

What is wrong?
Who has success with the jquery mobile plugin?

Regards, Martin