I had a form problem yesterday, which Anthony helped me solve. It's not the
exact same
problem you have but maybe the solution to my problem points you in the
right direction.

I needed an inline Bootstrap form:
http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/base-css.html#forms

In the controller I customized the form like this:

form.element('input[name=tag]').update(_class='input-small',
_placeholder='Tag')
form.element('input[name=locality]').update(_class='input-small',
_placeholder='Plaats')

... and in the view I generated the correct form like this>

<form action="" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post"
class="form-inline" style="margin-bottom: 10px;">
{{=form.custom.widget.tag}}
{{=form.custom.widget.locality}}
{{=form.custom.submit}}
<input class="btn" type="button" value="Cancel"
onclick="javascript:history.go(-1);">
{{=form.custom.end}}
{{pass}}

In their documentation on forms Bootstrap gives an example of inline radio
buttons.

I hope this helps you solve your problem.

Kind regards,

Annet.