I hate the color scheme of nodejs.org and it's quite ugly...

 but here's what I do like:

About NodeJS.org...
1. Unambiguous. Web2py.com has three images which appear to be three ipads
displaying webpages. Turns out those webpages are for The web2py book, the
web2py cookbook, and the web2py youtube channel.
2. List of big customers who use it, quotes from those customers.
3. Code sample, with documentation links nearby, videos nearby, etc.

About Web2py.com...
1. Navigation on top.
2. Brighter and better color palette, easy to read text.
3. Wider than 775px
4. Google groups and share links unobtrusive.

What I'd love to see:
1. Fix those screenshots / ipads - make it clear what they link to, add
some text. http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/mysterymeatnavigation.html
2. Change those red buttons. Those are breaking the color scheme.
3. Vertical lines behind the logo? Come on, my video card is not broken.
4. Current version (+timestamp xxxx) I don't need to have you tell me that
the following text is a timestamp. Just put the timestamp in parens.
5. Better favicon - w2papp doesnt stick out.
6. Can we have a comparison to django or zope or any of the competitors?
7. Can we have a link to benchmarks?