What is happening is the complete oposite. Its aplying to the leftjoin
table, but not to the main table.

The problem is on dal.py line 1553:
tables_to_merge.keys() contains the main table, so the main table is not
put on excluded var in line 1567 and therefore is not used on line 1574 to
set the common filters.

I patched it adding

excluded + tablenames

on line 1572

Can some one else test it and see if it will not impact on other places?